Thursday, February 21, 2008

My current reason for being

In case you were wondering, after reading my first post, the reason I have succumbed to the lure of the blog is because of NSW Public Libraries Learning 2.0. This is an online, self paced, directed learning opportunity that aims to keep us librarian types up to date with that new fangled technology stuff

It's a fabulous opportunity, one that I am looking forward to exploring. Even if it means more time spent at a computer and away from all of those books I am yet to finish reading

..........................................................................................................................................................................

hmmmmmm......

After re-reading the above I realise that I sound like a complete ludite and that this training is more important for me than I had previously realised

Looking around it is obvious that if libraries, and librarians, are to remain relevant, vibrant and (not to put too fine a point on it) employed, we need to be using the technology offered in interactive online resources like blogs, facebook, flickr, podcasting etc in our everyday work and if we want to be taken seriously by our library members we had better use it well

Cheers

No comments: