Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Mashups



Sadly the Star Viewer wasn't working for me today but on the surface it looks like an awesome site - astronomy talks go well in my library and being able to show an interactive site (if it works of course) is a great cross promotion that will appeal to people who like to explore

I thought that my Mashup above should refelect the first Flickr exercise I completed and so I have chosen a mosaic of Dubai's 7* hotels

As you can see it's fabulously colourful (to the point of being garish when the pictures are all together like this) but you have to admit it's pretty spectacular
In libraries Mashups can be used to advertise/show branches and services, to show points of interest for local studies (like London: a life in Google Maps) through a tour of the area, they can be a 'get to know the staff of....' exercise (if people are brave enough to have their names and faces out there) and they can be of great use in online newsletters, events advertising etc

No comments: